This webinar discusses the pragmatic issues of running a convened Institutional Review Board (IRB) meeting virtually and provides practical approaches as a follow-up to the Running a Virtual IRB Meeting webinar. The webinar is designed for IRB Chairs and administrators and identifies best practices to ensuring adequate review of submissions and documentation of IRB determinations in a virtual meeting. It also provides strategies and tips based on expertise from a virtual IRB Chair.
Language Availability: English
Suggested Audiences: Researchers, Research Team Members, Institutional Review Boards (IRBs), Institutional/Signatory Officials, IRB Chairs, IRB Administrators and Staff, Human Subject Protection Staff
Organizational Subscription Price: $300 per year/per site or included as part of the $1,000 annual subscription to our All Access Webinar Package
Independent Learner Price: $49 per person
“Nuts & Bolts” of Running a Virtual IRB Meeting
Presented by: Angela L. Bruch, PhD - Capella University
- Understand virtual IRB meetings and their benefits, especially in times of emergencies.
- Discuss how to develop a format/script for running a virtual IRB meeting.
- Describe how to document a virtual meeting in the IRB meeting minutes.
- Identify additional considerations for meeting regulatory requirements in a virtual convened meeting.
- Identify key players in running virtual meetings and ways to best engage them.
- Identify how virtual meetings may fit with emergency disaster plans and when those plans are implemented.
Recommended Use: Required
ID (Language): 20060 (English)